Sunday, November 1, 2015

My New Story, "Elizabethtown," Published by GALAXY'S EDGE

"Elizabethtown," my alternate history story about George Armstrong Custer, has been published by Galaxy's Edge, edited by Mike Resnick.

I did a lot of research about the postbellum South and Reconstruction.  The historical Custer really was stationed in Elizabethtown, Kentucky, during the time the story takes place, and for the exact reasons that drive the plot.

As one of my favorite writers is Ambrose Bierce, I wanted to write a story that mimicked his style.   I believe I succeeded, in part, with "Elizabethtown."  The story is bookended by apropos quotations from his story, "A Son of the Gods."

Please note the story contains graphic descriptions of battlefield violence, foul language, and (due to the time period of the story) several uses of the N-word.

I am always impressed by the quality of the paper, especially the smooth cover stock, used to print Galaxy's Edge.  If you'd like your own copy of this issue, you can find it easily at http://www.amazon.com/Galaxys-Edge-Magazine-Issue-November/dp/161242290X/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1446396736&sr=1-1

From November 1 through December 31, 2015, you can read my story for free online at http://www.galaxysedge.com/n4.htm.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment